ovaltine sandwiches

Friday, November 05, 2004

And Darkness fell...

so early yesterday, did you notice? I stepped out of the NBN building at 5:30 pm and I thought that the sky was overcast because of the drizzle. But 5 minutes later on the road, I had turn my headlights on, and realized that it really was getting dark. Even before 6 pm, everything looked and felt like 8 pm.

I am writing this now infront of our big Christmas tree strung with red, shiny balls, fake poinsettias and tipsy-looking Santa Clauses with stringy, pathetic beards (which mom bought on sale in Clark). Yup, there's no use denying that the Holiday season is upon us. Upstairs, our living room is cluttered with gift boxes mom assembled last night. A few feet away from me are heaps of plastic bags filled with various what-nots yet to be wrapped in paper dotted with snowmen and pine trees.

Oh, I didn't really want to get into all those Christmas cliches.

All I really wanted to say was that we had premature darkness yesternight. By 7:30 pm, I was yawning my mouth off, and went to bed right away. Merry Christmazzzzzzzzzz...

1 Comments:

  • Hay Agay! I've always felt that it's no fair that in the Philippines the sun sets at around 5:30 or 6 while in other countries the sun is up until around 7 or 8. I wished we had longer days so that we can have more fun under the sun. Anyway, got another disappoinment. You guessed it. . . but hope springs eternal. I still believe I'm going to have a happy Christmas this year. I hope this goes for you, too. Luv ya!

    By Blogger Jennifer Yap Caspe, At 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home