ovaltine sandwiches

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Breaking a Promise

Two weeks ago, I broke a promise to myself. I cut my hair.

It seems that my tresses can go for only five months before they start to pine for the metallic snip-snips. Darn it, at this rate, I will never have long hair as long as I live!

I started my affair with short hair (this style of short hair anyway- a layered, more feminine version of the boy's cut) back in my sophomore year in college. After getting tired of my haircut cycle (whenever I had below-the-shoulder length, I'd get antsy and cut it back to a chin-length bob until it grows out again), I decided to have a shorter cut. And surprisingly, I really, really liked it.

After graduation, I bummed around for 7 months. Because of the angst, I decided to cut my hair even shorter--like an inch-length of black grass covering my scalp. But a week later, I discovered that when a cool, Dolores O'Riordan-like haircut grows out with my type of hair, it sticks out, like the rays of the sun. So I had to constantly tame it with sticky hair gel. Yuck.

Now that I'm older, I want to try out the more feminine, longhaired look. But it seems that I'm stuck to this short hair I've grown comfortable with for the past decade.

Oh well, having short hair doesn't make me less of a girl.

1 Comments:

  • my sister recently got her haircut, the way heart evengelista cut her hair--short and sporty and youthful and cute, and i was so envious. because i got a haircut too and the bading made me look like rica peralejo. i have bangs! but Babba says i look younger. :)

    but i miss having short hair too, sometimes.

    By Blogger Data Tolentino-Canlas, At 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home