ovaltine sandwiches

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Carpe Diem and all that

I CANNOT believe I'm working in TV again. I mean it's just a freelance project but still. I took on the position of E.P. and that doesn't make it feel like it's freelance.

Let me rephrase my first sentence. I CANNOT believe I said yes to being an E.P. again. Haven't I had enough? For more than a year in my former job, I've endured marketing meetings, production birth pains, leading the team (which only involved one-- well, okay two, counting the host) and management stuff. But here I am, doing the same things all over--which makes me wonder if I'm either desperate or I just have a short-term memory.

Half the time, I feel like I'm pretending to know what I'm doing. And more than once, I've almost sent a text to G saying that I feel that I'm not up to it. But I don't want to let her down. I know I shouldn't stay just because I don't want to disappoint other people, but I feel that I have to go through this to maybe boost my confidence or to maybe make money.

M and I were chatting via YM yesterday and she said her company offered her to be the Editor-in-Chief of another mag. She turned it down because she didn't feel ready (although I think we both know she is). I told her my dilemma and she said, "I think we just don't want the responsibility." I asked her, "So when do we take on these things?" And she answered, "I plan to do that when I'm 30."

I feel like I'm in a tasking relationship. Everyday, I make a decision to stay. After all, it's not a lifetime of work; it's just for 13 episodes. But there are times when I just want to throw my duties out of the window. I guess for now, I can say I'll stay. For the show, for myself, for my goals. And there's the contract which I've almost signed.

4 Comments:

  • find out by hieing off to boracay! :) hehe. i think i know how you guys feel. it IS about growing up. Sometimes you have to go through some painful changes to find a new dimension to yourself. And you will find it. The time it takes for us to realize these things just varies. :)

    By Blogger Data Tolentino-Canlas, At 2:35 PM  

  • I think its just a phase. Well, I've been feeling the same thing for the past few days, wondering why I'm in this state, There are too many things to think about and I am so overwhelmed not just by work but by life itself i feel that i'm standing on a shaky ground and not so sure where to go i guess when you're approaching your 30th cycle, you start facing life head on but you realize that its so huge and you couldn't find all the dots that would define your very existence

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:27 AM  

  • I think its just a phase well I've been feeling the same thing for the past few days wondering why I'm in this state there are too many things to think about and I am so overwhelmed not just by work but by life itself i feel that i'm standing on a shaky ground and not so sure where to go i guess when you're approaching your 30th cycle you start facing life head on but then you realize that its so huge and you couldn't find all the dots that would define your very existence

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:28 AM  

  • thanks mystery person :)

    By Blogger bakya, At 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home