ovaltine sandwiches

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Halloween Homie

I'm spending today at home, just keeping quiet and doing homie stuff-- reading the papers (just the entertainment/lifestyle section; I don't bother with the news), watching TV, and napping.

I haven't done this in such a long time. Today's Halloween.

I was supposed to have dinner at Spanky's house with his family, but I weighed my options, and decided to just stay home. He deserved to have unlimited quality time at home. Meanwhile, my mom's having empty nest issues, highlighted by her aching right arm. She felt alone and when I was watching TV, she went up to me, crying, and asked me if I could be there when the reflexologist comes. She felt she couldn't go through the pain alone. Actually, I'm writing this now while the reflexologist is feeling her arm. Mom's back to her chatty self, but her arm will not be healing instantly.

Work stuff seems to be a thousand dreams away. But I know when tomorrow comes, the hustle and bustle starts again. But let me focus on today right here. It's rare that I feel at home...at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home