ovaltine sandwiches

Saturday, February 28, 2009

yeah nodame!

Finished watching all the episodes of nodame cantabile (including the 2-part special)!  It made me want to study piano again.

Honestly, I could relate to the character (though I don't play half as good as her--hay, maski 1/8 as good as her) 'coz I hated reading notes.  Super hated it.  So I ended up memorizing the pieces and playing them by ear.  My piano teacher was too lax (she'd fall asleep in the middle of the lesson) and allowed me to put the notes' names (do, re, mi...) on the sheet, instead of sight-reading them.  Oh well, I can't put all the blame on her.  I was just too lazy too.

But I studied piano for 6 years and had 3 or 4 recitals.  I quit when I entered highschool because I'd grown tired of it.  

Watching Nodame made me want to learn the classical pieces, instead of constantly playing my own (so basic) renditions of Boys Don't Cry or Whatever Possessed You.  On a musical high!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home