ovaltine sandwiches

Sunday, February 22, 2009

the super truth is...

going to europe is something i feel that i have to do more than what i want to do.  ain't that weird?  it's just that it's been written in my "dream notebook" for so long that i think it's time to cross it out.  

the super truth is that it's more comfy to stay here and bask in the engagement season, and just work hard to fatten up that wedding bank account (instead of giving up rakets when i'm away).  and of course, to see spanks most of the time.  (the e-heads' "fine time" is playing in my head).

but here's the deal: if i don't go now, my future self is gonna hate me for it.  and the present conditions are favorable--i'm not married yet, my travel buddy has european contacts whom we can live with, and i've got cash to spend (for the trip, that is.  once i get back, i'll be starting from scratch).  honestly, up until the visa interview, i was more than willing to just let go of the trip if things went awry.  but it didn't; the interview was effortless...so i'm taking it as a sign that i should go.

so anyway, now that i'm going, i'm focusing on the good energy.  live in each moment as best as i can.  because it doesn't matter where i am, what's important is that i rejoice in the opportunities given to me.  maybe i need this; i don't want it right now, but maybe it's what i need.  

as my philo teacher said: kailangan nating umalis para makabalik.  i'm looking forward to coming home. 

*******
in other news, it was my highschool prom 17 years ago.  gawd, that's equivalent to a whole, new high school student, currently experiencing his/her own prom.


4 Comments:

  • people told me i was alternately crazy and stupid, selfish even, for deciding to live on my own 9 months before my wedding. it was on my list too, and was something i knew i HAD to do. when i was moving out i realized it was something i wanted to do. and i'm glad i went through with it because it's given me such perspective i know i wouldn't have acquired living with my mom. so go ahead and embrace the experience. money will always take care of itself, you'll find out. hopefully next time you travel to europe, kasama na si wasweet mo. :)

    happy travels, agay!

    By Blogger Data Tolentino-Canlas, At 11:35 PM  

  • Ohmygas, congratulations on your engagement! Di ko na masyadong na process the rest of your entry, but...congratulations again :) :)

    ...Enjoy the elsewhere, dearest dearest Agay. Hug.

    By Blogger cyberlaundry, At 10:07 AM  

  • this is something straight out of the YES MAN book! hehe. I'm glad you decided to go! =)

    By Blogger u l a n, At 1:26 PM  

  • thanks for the positive thoughts, folks! really appreciate it :-)

    By Blogger bakya, At 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home