ovaltine sandwiches

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Thanks, 2008.

 I've been spending more time in my other blog, and thinking of erasing this account, but I keep coming back to it.  Anyhoo, let me revive this blog by thanking the year that was.

TRAVEL 

I didn't travel as much as I thought I would, but this year's trips were meaningful. With another kdrama-loving friend, I flew to Jeju-do, Korea, visiting places I'd only seen on TV.  It was a group tour with other Pinoys, and I never thought I could bond with 40- and 50-something women who were infatuated with Rain, and who were more knowledgeable about Korean dramas than I was.  

The other country I visited was Singapore with my family.  Though it was my 3rd visit, it was different 'coz for the first time in a foreign country, I walked by myself.  And it felt liberating!  Of course, it didn't hurt that Singa was a safe place.

I also traveled locally for work, which included a wonderful memory of night drinking in a cottage beside a ricefield.  I salute hardworking farmers everywhere.  I also went to Bohol and Baguio with new travel buddies, whom I'd known since 2002.  But the highlight was the Bora trip--a sojourn of firsts and secrets which I'll always cherish.


WORK
As usual, I jumped from one project to another, with Kids on Q as my regular "raket."  I like working on different projects because I learn about myself.  Working with people with different work ethics, beliefs and personalities helps to be grounded and flexible.  The ground-breaking project this year is being a facilitator/trainer at the NCCT (National Commission on Children's TV) video workshop in Baguio, where I interacted with high school students.  Though I enjoy working at home for my writing projects, I've realized that I crave for human interaction--especially with kids.


LOVE
Spanky and I celebrated our 6th year.  We've had our fill of challenges, but the most important thing is we can still make each other laugh.  (I hope it's not one-sided 'coz he's the comedian.) As cliche as it sounds, he's my bestest friend.  I trust in Thee for us.


FAMILY
With my parents getting older, I have to constantly remind myself to be extra-patient and understanding.  Keep my quick temper in check.  Engage in more conversations.  My friend, who has regrets about her dad who passed away years ago, advised me to treat each conversation as if it were the last.  Kinda morbid, but it works for her and her mom.


SPIRITUALITY
I trust in my Higher Power.  And I know that my HP asks for little in return--to live in the moment and to do the footwork and leave the rest to Him/Her.  

On that note, I send my gratitude out into the universe.  Thanks mucho.

4 Comments:

  • She speaks! And, as always, says wonderful things :) Hug.

    By Blogger cyberlaundry, At 9:18 PM  

  • let's jumpstart the year with the pinakabongga trip to europa, oui?! skitakitz agayskee!

    By Blogger JAZEL KRISTIN, At 1:16 AM  

  • woah! may nagbabasa pa pala nito haha.

    By Blogger bakya, At 8:53 AM  

  • i still read this blog... only because i can't leave comments on your other one :)

    good job on handling 2008 relatively well. if you handled it any better, you would make the rest of us look bad :)

    cheer's to '09! ride n roll!

    By Blogger LingBling, At 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home