ovaltine sandwiches

Friday, June 27, 2008

lovin' me

Felt kinda low the past few weeks because I realized, just this morning, that I was depending on other people to pick me up, to get me out of this rut...when truly-lee, I was responsible for my own feelings.

I'd been promising to treat myself to a massage but I always had excuses--the road leading to the mall was under repair, I was too lazy, I'd rather feel lousy at home than make some extra effort, etc.

This morning, I realized that I'd been feeling down 'coz was letting myself down. I was breaking promises to myself. I was being unreliable.

So this morning (come hell or high water), I went to the mall (which, strictly speaking, is only walking distance from my home) and availed of a much-deserved, hour-long shiatsu massage. And it was heaven; the masseuse ran her fingers over my knotted back and shoulders (which had been giving me sporadic headaches). God bless her.

After, I felt so relaxed, like a weight had been (literally) lifted from my shoulders. I got home and took a nap.

Now, I like myself more. It's my responsibility to be someone worthy of my trust. (Does that make sense? Y'know what I mean :-))

2 Comments:

  • "It's my responsibility to be someone worthy of my trust. (Does that make sense? Y'know what I mean :-))" - Yez I do :) Hugs.

    By Blogger cyberlaundry, At 10:26 AM  

  • nice of you to drop by, cam. hope you're okay :-)

    By Blogger bakya, At 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home