ovaltine sandwiches

Monday, April 28, 2008

bookish me

I actually haven't been reading regularly, but when the mood hits me, reading becomes the highlight of my day.

Anyhoo, I just discovered that on days when I want to feel safe and normal, I read Agatha Christie, preferrably Hercule Poirot stories.

On ordinary days, I read my Young Adult books. I still prefer fantasy stories over the real-life kind. My fave fantasy authors--Diane Wynne Jones, Natalie Babbit, and Jonathan Stroud. When I feel like escaping reality into more reality, I'm most likely to be reading Jerry Spinelli and Cynthia Rylant.

On pensive days, I read Anne Tyler and Banana Yoshimoto. Their words just leap at me ever so unobtrusively. I know it sounds nerdish, but their words are so exact and palpable, I can taste them. And they're just what I'm hungry for at that particular moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home