ovaltine sandwiches

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

not-so-bad sing

I just got back from a 3-day Singapore trip with my family. The tours were crazy (imagine, we were 10 in the family--a group tour within a group tour) and stressful, but it was nice to see the kiddies ooh-ing and aahi-ing over the animals at Night Safari, and the cable car ride and the giant fishies at Sentosa Island.

It was my third time to take these tours but I still enjoyed them. But what I enjoyed most what walking the Singa streets on my own, even at high noon. Though the weather was ultra sunny, and sometimes humid, the trees which trimmed the sidewalks provided ample shade and cool air.

I met up with my friend who was job-hunting , and we explored a few malls and eateries. It actually made me appreciate Singapore more. And well, I'd really like to explore more of it in the future. I wouldn't mind staying there for a week or more.

Though some people think it's a boring country with rigid rules and all buildings, I think it deserves more credit. Almost no crime and no extreme poverty scenes that hit you right in the gut. I was happy to see a lot of Pinays last Sunday (their day-off) converging in small groups, giggling and shopping.

Its high cost of living is a small price to pray for its pollution-free and efficient environment, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home