ovaltine sandwiches

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Needing some Kneading

I feel like I want to stay in bed all day. I always feel this way after over-sleeping. Last night, I was in bed at 7 pm and 15 minutes later, I was blissfully in dreamland. Blame it on the massage, I say.

Yesterday, after my meeting in Makati, I decided to check out the full-body massage of Urban Oasis, a hole-in-the-wall spa somewhere in Teacher's Village. (Yes, I'll forever be a Q.C. girl) I've been massage-less for several months now, actually close to a year. Two days ago, my mom and I planned to have a massage-- my treat 'coz it was Mother's day. But when we called up Aling Tere (a home-service masseuse for only P200), we found out that she broke her arm and is undergoing operation. But her daughter assured us that she'll be back in business in a week. A one-handed massage? Hmm, I don't think so.

So I went to the Q.C. house-turned-spa and tried out their "therapeutic massage." It was pricier but at that moment, it was worth it. Massages, for me, are therapeutic not just because they knead the knotted muscles, but also because...well, I just like being lovingly touched. Well, of course the masseuse didn't really "love" me but her palms had such a tender way of rhythmically smoothing out my tired body. It seemed that her hands were saying, "Relax. We're here to take care of you. We won't hurt you." One time, when I was in Sonia's garden, in the middle of a back massage, I could feel my eyes filling up with tears. Just because the massage felt so loving. Aah, the healing power of touch. Drama extraordinare.

So today, I'm totally relaxed. Too relaxed that the fact that no one has posted in my tagboard doesn't bother me at all.

Rrrrrrrright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home