ovaltine sandwiches

Sunday, August 27, 2006

moi, mwah!

Spanky tells me to update. Nagsalita ang nag-uupdate hehe.

Anyway, so excited because Canvas texted me yesterday that they're going to make SOL into a fully-illustrated book! Yehey!

Oh menn, joined the contest last year and I didn't win the grand prize. Of course, Becky's story deserved it. :) I remember writing in my journal on the day they were going to announce the winner-- I proclaimed, "I am going to win the 2005 Canvas writing for children contest and SOL will be made into a wonderful book with wonderful illustrations!!!" Of course, hindi naman nagkatotoo. (I was tapping into the "visualization is the first step in achieving your goal" mantra chorva.) I even drew a mock cover of my "suppposed book" and wrote:

Story by: Agay C. Llanera
Paintings by: Elmer Borlongan

Hehe, kapalmuks nga. But you can't stop a girl from wishing.

Sabi ko nga kay Augie, "Ito na ang premyo ko after countless losses in writing contests." 'Coz really, I join the Palanca and the PBBY every year pero parati akong Ow-lats. Sabi niya lang, "Asus, sali lang nang sali."

Sooooh, that text yesterday was totally unexpected. And an up-and-coming artist, Marcel Antonio has agreed to do the illustrations. I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!

2 Comments:

  • hey. CONGRATS :) wait, isn't that on your Super List? :)

    By Blogger cyberlaundry, At 1:26 PM  

  • decided to drop by your blog at nagbakasakaling may bagong post. yehey! dami nang kwento ulit! nakailang ulit na akong dumadaan dito in the past year pero parang no one was home.

    it's great to see you're back!

    By Blogger Data Tolentino-Canlas, At 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home