ovaltine sandwiches

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Pet Peeve

I hate it when I hear a song and a part of it sounds like some song I've already heard. Michael Learns to Rock has the same, old chords for almost all of their songs (try singing 25 Minutes Too Late to Paint my Love; they're practically interchangeable), but at least they copy their own songs.

Take this song I've been hearing on the radio, for example. When I first heard it, I thought I was listening to a Silverchair song I heard a couple of years ago. But of course, it turned out to be some new ditty from some new band. And I thought, Ano ba yan. Garapalan na. Hindi lang chords ang ginaya, pati melody. And I thought Silverchair would sue them for sure or something.

When I tuned in to MTV this morning, I found out something worse.

The copycat band was Pinoy.

Grrrr. Mas lalo akong nainis.

Malamang hindi sila madedemanda kasi malayo silang marinig ng Silverchair. I just hope they didn't copy on purpose.

1 Comments:

  • Well, baka naman pareho lang ang takbo ng utak nila. Naalala ko I wrote a poem years ago, tapos napanuod ko sa "As Told By Ginger" ganun yung title pati yung structure ng poem. You can never tell. . .

    By Blogger Jennifer Yap Caspe, At 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home